Friday, February 25, 2011

Forgive me, Gaga

Okay, so I've never been that fond of Lady Gaga. Nothing really against her, just not obsessed like a lot of people. Quite frankly I thought her Grammy entrance and outfit were super lame. After that, I saw her on good morning America, and my opinion changed. She is a really awesome girl, who truly believes in women respecting themselves, their bodies, being confident and following their dreams. She also does MAC's viva glam lipstick, which all proceeds go to helping and preventing aids. She says she remembers mac as a young girl, and observing the fact that they employ all types of people. Something I admire about mac cosmetics, is you will see all shapes, sizes, races, ages, and sexual orientation behind the make-up counter. As long as you have talent. This is why Lady Gaga is a mac supporter.
While her latest song sounds like Madonna, I love it. It took me a few times of hearing, and listening to the words to realize that. If you haven't heard it, please go listen to "born this way".

"There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are"
She said, "'Cause He made you perfect, babe"
"So hold your head up, girl and you you'll go far,
Listen to me when I say"No matter gay, straight, or bi,
Lesbian, transgendered life
I'm on the right track baby
I was born to survive
No matter black, white or beige
Chola or orient made
I'm on the right track baby
I was born to be brave

1 comment: