Monday, April 11, 2011

My white sangria


YUM
for the fiesta baby shower yesterday I decided to make a white sangria.I prefer white to red wine, so that was my choice. I looked up several recipes online, and everyone does it a little different. I used a huge Mexican glass jug for mine. Here is how I did it:

4 bottles of any white wine. I used $2 Charles shaw chardonnay
1/2 cup of simple syrup. I made mine, boiled 1/2 cup water and added 1 cup of sugar, stirred till dissolved.
2 cups of brandy. I used E&J the bottle was only $5.99
1- 2 liter bottle of ginger ale
2 bags of frozen sweet mangos from TJs
4 green apples sliced
3 pears sliced
3 lemons sliced
3 oranges sliced
..
the night before the event I poured the brandy, syrup, mangos, oranges and lemons together in the jar. I took out all seeds. Placed in fridge. About an hour prior to event, slice and de seed apples and pears and put in jar, along with wine. You don't want brown fruit. Right before serving add ginger ale, and stir very well. Taste test!!! I wish I had a better picture, to show how pretty it was, but its there, in that jar










No comments:

Post a Comment